Here at Ace Cleaning Services Glasgow, we would like to share our best tips that will help you to efficiently spring clean your office work space, without everyone spending all day doing so:
- General Office Space - Start with cupboards, shelves, filing cabinets and other storage units. These areas collect the most clutter and are usually home to the important 'forgotten about' paperwork that has been building up for years. The best way to clean cupboards and shelves is to empty them out completely and sort things into 'keep' and 'throw away' piles. Taking care of these areas first means you will free up clear space ahead of organising the other things in your office, but more importantly you will have much better organisation to the units when you repack the shelves.
- Computer Organisation - Are you the type of person who bookmarks every single potentially interesting article? The type of person who takes screenshots and drags files to their desktop? Or maybe you never delete an email; you are probably a technological hoarder and don't even realise it! Take the time to fully clean out your bookmarks, organise and archive your emails and clear up that desktop! Not only will you find it much easier to navigate your emails and files, but your computer will also be running a lot faster and more efficiently than before. While you are at it, take the time to give your computer and keyboard a thorough clean as they are prone to harbouring thousands of germs!
- Give Your Desk Some TLC - Now that you’ve taken care of your computer, it’s time to go through "the desk." Clear out and recycle all unnecessary paperwork you may have stuffed away in your drawers and filing units. Ask you boss for a filing cabinet or additional storage space if this will help you be better organised - or do one better and take a lap around the office, taking note of who requires what or what you think could be more beneficial to the office and hand that to your boss! Better organisation, up to date files, a clear desk and office space will do wonders to your productivity.
- Give Customer Areas Extra Attention - Customer areas, like showrooms, shops, foyers, conference rooms, and meeting rooms require special attention. These are the areas that help you create an impression and reputation, and when they are clean and fully functioning, your customers will see you as a professional, competent service provider:
- Clear all clutter
- Organise any marketing literature - UP TO DATE ISSUES!
- Maintain any shelves or display units
- Make sure toilets are clean and fully stocked
- Ensure you have adequate refreshments and clean crockery...snacks and biscuits are a inviting touch
We know how time consuming spring cleaning can be, but the results are definitely worth it for everyone in involved - a free desk/workplace/office means a clear mind. One deep spring clean will set you up until next year and you should aim to maintain these standards at all time. If you are feeling adventurous, and well in the spring cleaning vibe, then call us here at Ace Cleaning Services Glasgow, where we can carry out a full deep clean on all office spaces, retail stores and company buildings.