What our new website will have...and what yours should too!
1. Take pride and care over your website, everything from the layout, design, colours, brand message - everything! Your website is the main point of contact for potential customers and is your best, and first line of contact, to make a strong, lasting impression to your target audience.
2. The customer is key. It is as simple as that. You must cater your website to your potential customer. Make the colours, layout and content simple, clear and concise. You should be able to tell exactly what a company is all about within a couple of minutes of entering their website...any longer and you need to make some changes.
3. Your website must be full optimised for use on all devices. There is nothing worse when you need a quick snippet of information, you google the company on your phone only to find their website does not work on phones or tablets - if a customer struggles to view your website they will not stay there long and will probably never return. With over 45% of people browsing the internet from their phones everyday, if your website is not optimised for all devices you are losing a massive piece of your potential market.
4. As well as having a fully functional website across all devices, you must make sure that it is easy to navigate through the tabs, images, and information. Again, if this is difficult or causes heartache for a potential customer, they won't waste their time on your site and will go elsewhere - and you have just lost a customer and future revenue.
5. Make everything as easy as possible for the customer. Have your most important information, best images and contact information right at hand so that people browsing your website have everything they could possibly need right at the finger tips.
6. Make sure your website contains only appropriate, relevant and interesting content. Put yourself in your customer's shoes - what would you want to see, what do you not want to see. Cater your website to your potential customers, not for yourself or other companies and especially do not have any content that isn't required - you don't want a website full of screeds of text. Make your site exciting and engaging - infographics, images and an interactive aspect to it.
7. No slow load times!! If you go searching for information on a website and after 30 seconds you are still waiting for the page to open, you would click off right? Well so will your customer. Make sure your website is hosted on a fast, reliable server so you don't risk losing a potential customer.
If you stick to these top tips, then you are well on your way to a highly successful website. Stay tuned for one of the top commercial cleaning companies in Glasgow, Ace Cleaning Services new and highly improved website coming very soon!!